Saturday 3 August 2019

Combining Projects

Work over the last few weeks has involved two different projects - researching and getting a few ideas on paper for the next Studio 21 project 'Addressing Space' and starting my book for a pass the parcel type sketchbook swap with four artist friends.
In order to avoid confusion (in my head!) I began the sketchbook with the same theme as for Studio 21. I am exploring my workspace and how I use it so my sketchbook is titled Workroom and I started filling the first of the allocated 4 pages with interpretations of my exploratory sketches. 


An initial drawing for Addressing Space work

The other participants will continue with their take on my theme, working on new pages and also back into the sheets others have worked on. The idea is that each sketchbook will passed around the 5 artists twice.


A detail from a sketchbook swap page

It's an fascinating project and I have already sent my book off and received another created in an entirely different style to my own - so exciting! Can't wait for the 20th of the month when they are all posted on again, who knows what the postman will bring?

No comments: